Chapter:Chapter 01 – What is an Operating System and Why is it Important?
Subsection: 03 – Who Uses OS/2 Warp?
Topic: Who uses OS/2 in Asia?
Date Composed: 10-29-96 12:32:13 PM Date Modified: 07-15-97 08:48:27 AM
Asia has also taken to OS/2 in a big way.
- Japan’s telecommunications giant, NTT Corporation bought 20,000 OS/2 licenses and committed to an additional 20,000 to be rolled out through 1997.
- Sumitomo Bank in Japan has purchased 400 OS/2 licenses to serve their 3,000 desktop clients.
- QBE Insurance in Australia, plans to install Warp in over 70 branches nationwide.
- The Royal Bank of Australia has switched back to OS/2 after Windows NT did not live up to the promises made for it.
- The six largest banks in China, each with over 20,000 branches, are all switching to OS/2 Warp.